Wednesday, May 19, 2010

weekend getaway

Mikey and I celebrated 2 years of wedded bliss this weekend by driving to Grand Junction, CO (through much snow and rain across the mountains). Grand Junction is on the other side of the rockies and it's quite the desert. It's about 1,000 feet lower in elevation than what we are living at now, so it's much warmer and drier; the perfect place for vineyards! We tasted about 4 of the 24 wineries and came home with 5 bottles of wine! It was so much fun! Granted, it wasn't fun looking for a hotel room that would take 2 dogs when the local college, Mesa State, was hosting their graduation. But, we finally found one (thanks to an older couple that left because there was a
 "Mexican Dance" held in the Lounge part of the hotel that had the music up too loud) that was cheap enough even with 2 dogs. Here we are at Calson Wineries (our favorite!). I would definitely recommend the wine country of CO if you come to visit. It's about a 4hr drive.....scenic, of course, but totally worth it. I think we're gonna go back in September for their Wine Festival and they also have a peach festival, too! We're already planning another trip! Cheers!


I'm heading up to camp this weekend to see what life is like up about 3,000 feet. Plenty of room to roam for the dogs and apparently plenty of wildlife to view (Mike has spotted moose!). Just hope the wildlife and the dogs don't mix. Love my life right now, don't really have much else to say. I'm excited about the summer and what it brings - i.e. good friends, familly, concerts, and warm weather.


Well, if I can make it I am going to try to run in the Bolder Boulder with 50,000 other runners. Mike can't run with me b/c he has to work (booooo!) but he called me out that it was on my list of things to do this summer. So, I guess I'll do it alone...unless anyone out there wants to run it with me? It's only a 10K, but I'm so out of long distance running shape, I think I might struggle a bit. Are the weeks flying by for anyone else? I feel like the months are rolling by so quick! Before I know it, I'll be in Winchester for my best friend Sarah's wedding! AH! I could really handle a nice cold/slushie Ale8 out of a returnable bottle right about now, but I guess I'll have to stick with the Calson Winery Sweet Baby Red (a blush that tastes like White Zen). Seriously not as good, but I'll take it. I had to get a picture with the rustic horse....it reminded me of home.


How have your new year's resolutions been going? Forgot about them? Changed your life? Like I said, I have to keep myself accountable for them because this year I actually wrote them all down. Love you guys! Love Wins!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys had a nice Anniversary together. Your marriage is beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete