Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thundersnow.

Ever heard of it? Of course not, because it's another one of those crazy weather patterns that Colorado is blessed to have. But I'll tell you what, I'm getting tired of the crazy weather and unpredictability that elevation brings. If it's going to be summer, then gosh golly, be summer. But, if you insist on switching up the seasons like this, I might inclined to take the humidity. There, I said it. 

It's quiet here, not much to discuss. My friend Missy came to visit from FL this past weekend, it was amazing to laugh at nothing, soak in beauty together, and just be friends. I've missed my friends. Nothing out of the ordinary going on at work. I'm attempting to train for the Boulder Bolder at the end of May, but this weather is deeply inhibiting my training. Still working towards raising money for the 3-Day...you know, the usual.

But, I've been thinking recently about my husband. We are celebrating our 2yr anniversary on the 17th of this month and although 2 years does not seem like a long time, tack on about 4 more years to that to take into consideration the amount of time we dated long distance. I used to pine for just a single moment we could spend together amidst his crazy hours at Loucon and my schooling. And now? I take for granted he's home to greet me every night when I walk in the door. I would have never moved to Colorado alone. I would have never stretched or challenged my faith, if it wasn't for my husband. I live with my lifelong companion to enjoy life, to raise our children, a shoulder to cry on, and my biggest supporter. But, ultimately, my husband cannot satisfy the intense desires of my heart. Only the Lord can meet those needs; and this is something that I have definitely struggled with in the past. I have yearned for the acceptance of others, desired the best career possible, expected things from my husband in which he could not provide - these have all failed. I have filled myself with selfish pride and tried to "pull myself up by my bootstraps" showing the world that I have it together - again, failure. Dear friends, it is only by our heavenly Father that we are given breath; He is the only one that knows our daily motive, purpose, and plan. So, those times in which I feel our marriage is crappy, it's mostly because I'm not truly believing in a promise from my Father. I cannot expect Mike to provide things that I don't tell him - but, I should be believing the truth and receiving my acceptance from there.

Everyone struggles with relationships, I've come to realize that. Those relationships that look picture perfect on the outside are probably falling apart on the inside. So, I guess my challenge for you is to truly accept who you are in the Lord. Don't expect to receive your acceptance from anywhere else, it will fail. We all have our journey - may yours be filled with love, compassion, acceptance, and beauty all given to us by our most Gracious God. That is my prayer tonight as I watch the snow/ice fall and listen to the thunder. Our God is capable of anything...don't ever forget that. Love Wins!

2 comments:

  1. I think I need more of you and your speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got my computer back so i am catching up on your blog. glad your Derby party went well. I think you are amazing. and your challenge is hitting home. I am going to try it. :) Love you Lyns!

    ReplyDelete