Quickly, all....here is th
Vail on Friday. Lots of really rich people wearing a lot of name brand clothes going on really long vacations to ski for $90/day. Not for us really, but the skiing was amazing, and I guess I say that for Mike's sake, just because my skiing ability is still developing. My first fall of the season came this day, it was uneventful, but I'm glad I got it out of my system.
Snowshoeing on Saturday. I must say, the more I'm around our community group, the more I love them. We drove to Estes Park and showshoed all day...I've already shared the glorious video of me busting my face in the snow. That's really the best part, but here is a picture of really happy snowshooe feet. I'm kind of sad we didn't discover snowshoeing earlier, it was really fun and a good workout. Basically, it's like hiking with big shoes. Here:
Frozen Dead Guy Days (FDGD) on Sunday. This was quite the experience....as I knew such an event would not dissapoint us. We took the dogs to hang out with all the Nederland hippies. The band that played had written muliple song about the dead guy and Mike and I stared in awe of how such a little thing as a guy on dry ice can create such a festival. They had a merch tent (where we purchased stickers), beer tent (with sponsers), face paintings, and I'm sad that we missed the coffin racing the day before. We're planning on going on Satuday next year..... here are a few pics from FDGD:
Writing this recap at the pool in Destin makes the snow seem so far away. I'm pretty sure that it snowed 5-10 inches last night in Denver, and I don't miss that one bit. Sitting in my bathing suit with my sister and family is heaven to me right now. My mom and dad stopped by Destin on their way up to KY from spending 8wks in North Port. We had chruch on the beach and brunch, and I loved every moment of it. So,I'll leave you right now with the thoughts of sun, sand, fruity beverages, and family. Amanda and I are going to a spa this afternoon, ahhhhhh!!!! I love you, love wins!
Yay!! I have been waiting for this update! have a great time on your trip! love you!
ReplyDeleteLindsay Million