Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

I don't know even where to start. There were so many days that I craved an hour at this computer to pour my thoughts into words - but I wriggled myself around finding something else to do. Shame. There are always things you can distract yourself with to bite your time from completing that blog about the fact that your husband lost his job. Or about how he found a job (kind of). And I guess that's what this blog has turned into. The life of a Colorado Curry - moving through the everyday and just trying not to get stuck in the miry clay. Knowing, most importantly, that keeping the faith is vital and the Lord blesses, encourages, and honors those who are faithful, even through the crappy times.

So as I eluded to in the previous paragraph  - Colorado Youth Program shut its doors. It was not as financially sound as we thought, so when he got the phone call that it was over...well. Let's not go back there. I literally started about 10 blogs, but could never see them to fruition because it was just too hard. When your husband is FINALLY happy and he FINALLY feels desired, prepared, and purposeful - what a relief! Then to go through all that pain again, is like putting rubbing alcohol on an open wound. I'm acting like this happened to me, but it might of well have been me. When you are involved in the daily life of your spouse, it is only  human to feel sympathetic and share whatever emotions the other is feeling. I actually believe it was the day after my last blog that he got the phone call his jobs was toast. I remember thinking to myself, "desiring a house at this moment seems so insignificant". It was at this point I began avoiding my blog. The last thing I needed was for people to feel sorry for us or for the whole world to know that my husband lost his job. After only 8 months, and about 8 interviews. Yikes! I'm still a bit bitter, aren't I?

Are you ready for the good part of the story?  
Colorado Youth Program was acquired by another non-profit based in Denver called Big City Mountaineers. http://www.bigcitymountaineers.org/  (check it out). Mike is currently working Part Time on the after school program and finds out next weekend if they want to run the summer camping program which would bump him up to full time and be able to con't his job as the Camp Director. Whew. Minor stress about the decision being made by BCM board of directors - I just want to give them a little piece of my mind and state for the record they are dealing with the LIFE of an employee who has worked VERY HARD to get a sustainable job for his FAMILY. Cut this guy a break and give him a full time job that is stable and well paid. Easier said than done in this economy, but it sounds good on paper, doesn't it?

That's where I'm stopping for tonight. I have yet to get to the most exciting news of all - we're in the process of buying a HOUSE. Mi Casa! Other fun things that have also occurred between August and November that I will indulge upon, if of course, you want to read it. I'm putting it on paper (internet land). No more excuses. See you sooner than later! Love Wins!

1 comment:

  1. Lynsey- I just checked out the link & I love it! I love the fact that they focus in on Urban kids from under-resourced communities. I had no idea you guys were going through this but I'm praying now. Love you! -Katrina
    ps. I've seen the fruits of another similar ministry & it's amazing-http://www.urbantrekkers.org/

    ReplyDelete