It was warm today.....and I loved it. Up in the 90s with no humidity, ahhhhh - just plain hot. Mike asks me all the time if I would want to live in the mountains, and I always say, "nope". Partly, because summer is shorter here anyway, and in the mountains it snows basically every month. David, Amanda, and myself experienced this first hand when it started snowing in Telluride last week. In fact, we chose to drive home late Sunday night per nasty, cold, rainy/snowy weather.
So, lots of things have happened since we last discussed, blog page. Here are the top 10 best things that have happened in the past 3 weeks:
10. Littleton Adventist Hospital now has a new PRN speech therapist. I'm still plugging through orientation stuff, but Littleton is part of a network of hospitals in Colorado called Centura Health, and if something full time were to open at another hospital, it would be way easy to transfer.
9. I love my job at Bear Creek. I don't know if it's because I was so miserable at Sable, and just didn't have a choice at that time, or if this job really is THAT much more enjoyable. I'm pretty much content with sticking around.....
8. Mikey started summer camp. Yay for him, boo for me. We will see each other minimally throughout the next 8 weeks.
7. This -
6. or this -
5. A Skaggs family vacation, NOT to Sanibel Island, is occurring next week through July 4th. It may or may not be a Christmas Miracle that we're all getting together in the same place. Hot, but beautiful, Chincoteague Island Virginia. Look it up - http://maps.google.com/
4. This Picture - how perfect!
3. We are moving along in the house hunting process. I've talked to 2 different banks and we're meeting with 2 maybe 3 realtors next week. I've been searching online for places......everything in Golden is just SO expensive! We'll find something..... I have a feeling we won't be looking seriously until the end of summer.
2. Summer is here. And summer is my FAVORITE season by far. I love the smells, the sunsets, the kids outside our windows, and lemonade stands.
1. Here's Sara Watkins proving to you that summer days are indeed, hot. -
Voila! Basically, we went to Telluride...and survived thanks to ear plugs. I'll blog again probably when we are in Virginia....drinking a wine time beverage with the family. I love you! Love Wins!
No comments:
Post a Comment