Monday, June 14, 2010

Lessons Learned, this week at least.....


So, I bought this awesome game on my iPhone called Angry Birds - and this one liiiiitle game has consumed my time and blogging has seemed to take the back burner. Okay, not really. Although, I did buy that game on my phone, and it is pretty awesome to play while laying in a hammock in the Rocky Mountains, but it doesn't excuse my hiatus from blogging. So much has gone on - you know what that means! A TOP TEN! yeah yeah. Don't get too excited now, there is more to come this week. Here is a list of the 10 lessons I've learned within the past week:






10. Don't charge over the old runners while weaving your way through thousands of other people while trying to get to the water station. Oh, and try to catch the marshmallows neighbors are throwing at mile marker 2.22. Say hi to Dr. Oz as you pass him being interviewed on TV and enjoy that cold Mich Ultra beer after completing 6.2 miles in less than an hour.
 *The Bolder Boulder was Ah-mazing! I will do it again next year, hopefully dragging along my reluctant husband. So entertaining - tons of amazing costumes, bands, food, and interesting people that are passing you while you say "how are they running faster than me????". Oh, and I placed 15,818 in probably a 54,000 field. Gender field: 5570 out of 26494 - I suppose that's decent.


9. Working Sundays are the pits, but it's totally worth it on Friday when you realize that it truly is Friday and not Saturday and bam! you automatically have one extra day added on to your weekend. Sa-weet! Worked a Sunday, again, today. Sucked, but I know come Friday - totally worth it.


8. Dancing hippies involved in dancing at shows at Red Rocks don't mind sharing their space. Josh, Beth, Mike and myself shimmied (well, I shimmied, I don't know about the rest of the crew) down closer and closer to the front and poof! Soon our view was like this: 



Look at that John Butler cutie! Take a look at the video at the bottom - rockin'! I think Red Rocks might be, no, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite venue EVER to watch a show. You know you want to see a show here, just do it. We got tix to see David Gray & Ray LaMontagne at the end of August, you still have time to buy some plane tickets and high tail it out here!


7. Dreams really can come true! I was driving home from work one day early last week and dreaming in my head, "I could really dig an Ale8 right now. How awesome it would be to have some Ale8s sitting on my front porch when I get home." Of course, Ale8s only appear when you BUY them.  Then, like a weird deja vu, I see a UPS truck pull out of our subdivision. My heart skipped a beat; Could it be? I slowly pull up to the driveway, and I'm not kidding folks, there, on my front porch were two beautiful, brown, cardboard boxes. Beauty only a case of A Late One could bring. And so, I just want to thank my mother for making my dreams come true, thanks mom!


6. Marriages are happy when husbands are happy. And my husband is happy, so there!


5.  Friends that let friends home share music off their computer must be true friends. True friends put together composters for friends. They also leave a case of local beer in the fridge and some other yummy treats when they leave. Oh! And they introduce you to a TV show on FOX called Glee - AND give you the entire run down of the first season so you can watch the finale and know exactly what's going on. Thanks Josh and Beth Graham for being such good friends. Please come and visit again, soon.






4. Dogs that get locked in the Gaga Pit can't get out.


3. When it rains on a tin roof of a cabin you are sleeping in, instant joy warms your heart and sleep ensues for hours. Then, when you wake up and it's still raining you say, "Guess I'll just sleep more, not much to do outside today." This is especially memorable when you have a dog that is scared of thunderstorms and a dog that is spoiled up on the bed taking in the same noises. Although for some reason they don't find them near as relaxing. Has someone marketed that sound in a sound machine?


2. Raising money makes me feel sleezy - but good non-profit companies like Boys and Girls Club and Susan G. Komen for the Cure make me happy. Only 75 more days until my walk - I have to continue to raise money, but I just hate being pesty!


1.


That list is in no particular order, only by which I could remember what exactly has transpired in the past week. Mom and Dad Skaggs are arriving in the Mile High City on Thursday....a weekend of The Buckhorn Exchange, fly fishing, Rockies Game, shopping and showing my parents our life here in CO will bring another top ten list to the surface in a week, I'm sure. May the Lord continue to bless your life, send amazing friends and family your way, and may you give thanks daily for the many blessings. I know I don't do that enough. Love Wins!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about all the fun you're having, and that first photo of you and your sweet hubby is gorgeous. Love you!

    ReplyDelete