Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Goodbye, Winter! Hello Spring..

I am such the slacker....although I might have a good excuse for not blogging. I totally caught the flu :( So, for right now I've plopped myself on the couch with my Gatorade on the table, windows open, dogs sleeping, Mike gone and I'm curled up on the couch with my computer (and my dog, shhhhh!!). Itunes is doing its thang (thank the Lord for Ray LaMontagne on a day like this) and I am reflecting on my amazing life. Oh! And my lovely orchids are blooming...I hope I can get them to bloom again. If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep orchids alive and well, please let me know.

I plan on becoming a green-thumb goddess this summer while Mike is gone. I think gardening will keep me busy and my mind off my husband's fun adventures in Ward. He starts on May 1 from the Boys and Girls Club office in Downtown then packs his stuff up and is gone the last week of May.


Easter was amazing! We rolled out of our house around 5:15am to get to Red Rocks in enough time to park/find a place to sit. Service started at 6am with a Bluegrass Band (which I truly appreciated), more music guests, a short sermon, and the next thing we knew, the view went from this :To This:
Pretty amazing, huh? About 10,000 people showed up to enjoy this fabulous event! We came home from the service, took a nap and then went to a park in Downtown for a picnic with Park Church. I love our church...the more I'm around the people, the more I truly appreciate a church family. The church doesn't strive to act like they have it all together, in fact, they want people who don't have it together to share in the journey. Church continues to be a blessing for us. Mike is actually meeting with one of the pastors of the church right now for lunch, just because.

I know that I have been talking about opening day for the Rockies for what seems like forever, but it finally arrived. I endured a brutally early morning on public transportation in order to get Downtown without a car after work. But, it was totally worth it! We met some friends and enjoyed baseball to the fullest!



I also went on a Women's Retreat with the church this weekend in Winter Park, CO. It was so beautiful and to spend a weekend with all women ejoying the presence of the Lord was something I'd been missing out on for a while. Aren't we some mighty fine looking young women?

And that basically catches you up till now, you know, me sitting on the couch because my stomach does flips when I get up to move. Dog on the couch, fast asleep, and enjoying the breeze through the windows.




Now, what to look forward to? Well, some of our very good friends from camp are coming up the first weekend of June to go to a concert with us (John Butler Tri0). My parents are coming up a couple weekends after that to enjoy summer in Colorado. This is fun, the Dave Matthews Band is headlining a HUGE festival here called the Mile High Music Festival. We've already bought our tix to this festival (and there are some pretty incredible bands playing in addition to DMB, check out the link). The Boulder Bolder is coming up Memorial Day weekend and I'm still planning on walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day in August, look for more info about this in my next post as I am registering this weekend. OH yes! One more exciting thing! We are having a Kentucky Derby party at our house on May 1st. Most of our community group will be there along with some friend from work, etc. We are soooo excited to share our love of horses with Coloradoans (? I don't even know how to spell that). Anwyay. I think we'll stay busy...hiking season is quickly approaching as well! Goodbye, Winter! I MADE IT!! At least I hope so.

Love wins, ya'll. See ya next time.

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon love! I am so excited about you walking the 3Day!!!! It is such an amazing experience and you are absolutely going to love it! You and Susan and I can all be virtual training buddies! :)
    I am so glad that things are going so well for you and Mike. Love you guys so much!

    Love-
    Linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm following you, too! I love that you all are having a Derby party. Way to support the home state. :)

    ReplyDelete