Monday, January 11, 2010

Life isn't static? Is it??

Mike and I watched a Nooma video w/ Rob Bell called "Today" . It made me think about my natural tendency to shy away from contentment. And I guess being "content" can be a transitional moment - either one of being stuck in a moment and unable to move to something out of our safety zone - OR one of a life of endless unsatisfaction. I would tend to fall in the later category, what about you? When I was in college at EKU, I couldn't wait to see where I got into Grad School, when I was in Grad School I longed for graduation and a job, in my job I long for my friends in KY, I ponder now where life is going to take us next. Do you see a pattern here? I think this lesson of living for today and being content with what today brings has been brought up previously. But how many of us really listen the first time? But, it's a new year and it's time to start clean. Again. I've added a few things on my list of things to do in 2010...but first let me take you down my Christmas Vacation Trip!



Ken and Becki went to the Holy Land and brought Amanda and I Bethlehem nativity scenes made from Olive Tree wood. Christmas with the Curry's/Swind
ler's was amazing, as always. I am so incredibly blessed with incredible in-laws!




We stopped by our old homestead in Huntington, WV to see our old friends at the Blackhawk Grille and some grad school girls whom I miss dearly.






Then we trucked it to Sandy Hook to be with my family and participate in the an
nual "Yankee Swap". Always a good time, never a dull moment, and that little cousin can be quite sneaky! My snuggie that I ended up at the swap has kept me quite warm! Thanks Jen!


For NYE we gathered around a campfire with great friends and family and enjoyed an entire night of hot dogs, smores, and brews. I miss home already







A trip to Henderson on our way out of town wouldn't be complete without a visit to see maw maw Virginia Curry. This is her and her handsome grandsons.

We watched the great UK vs. U of L game in Henderson with this crew. And all together life was good. And it's past my bedtime which means I'm holding you in suspense as to what great events I've added to my 2010 "To-Do" list. But believe me people, they are life changing.
Love you, Love wins.

2 comments:

  1. Um, um, yeah. I am exactly the SAME way with never being satisfied or content with where I am in my life. I seem to always be thinking of where I can go and what I can do next. Until now. I have made a decision that I am already content with. For now, haha! It was great seeing you finally over the holidays. And I can't wait to hear what more you have on your agenda for the year. Love does win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't do that. You can't leave the reader in suspense like you just did. You said they were life changing resolutions... that's a big deal! Then you just ended the story. That's not proper blog etiquette. Update immediately please. (So maybe I need a lesson on patience. So what?)

    ReplyDelete