Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Thoughts......


Happy Wednesday!

It snowed ALL day today. Not much accumulation since it was 74 on Sunday, but the snow covered our dish and Mike had to clean it off. What the crap! That's so not right. I saw on TV where Halloween costumes in Colorado need to work a parka into their wardrobe. I thought that was very fitting! We actually get to sit outside (or, not so much) and pass out candy this year. This is the first time EVER that I've done this considering S & G Farm is not a popular spot for Trick or Treaters. Last year I attempted to sit outside the Blackhawk Grille & pass out candy, but it was too cold and I wussied out. I think we'll have to sit inside this year, for sure. I wanted to dress up the dogs, Mike nixed this idea quickly. Don't you think Chaco would be a cute witch? I thought so too. Help me convince him!

Here is life recently:

We went to the NLDS game where the Rockies lost to the Phillies. Boo. But, it was one of the most exciting baseball games I've ever been to. We love Coors Field...might have to purchase some season tickets next year.
















Holy Cow there were a lot of people!



Ha Ha! How does she get herself into situations like this? I swear the dog is made out of pudding.









YAY Evergreen. YAY for pretty days in October. YAY for hikes w/ the husband and dogs.




Work has been kind of frustrating again this week as I'm driving 40 min (50 min in traffic) to another building. Hopefully it's not a forever but just for now thing. I'll keep you posted. I HATE Denver traffic....there is NO way I will ever, ever, ever, live in a city; I don't see how people deal with it. Gross. Makes me want to build a house on S & G farm much, much sooner...or move into the mountains. Hummmmm.....Decisions Decisons. Love Wins! Love you!

4 comments:

  1. Lynsey, my love, before you go poo-pooing the city, remember that many, many city dwellers don't drive at all. Public transportation can make city dwelling much less "gross," and it's much better than every single person forcing the earth to deal with their carbon emissions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Beth, my love...you are so RIGHT!!! You are absoutely right. I guess what I should say is that if we lived in the city, downtown, it would be different story. We've talked a lot about living in downtown Chicago..take public transportation and live the city life. The place I was hired is only about 5 miles from our house so its just frustrating when they move me b/c we planned strategically and picked the house we are in b/c of location, gas, economy issues. Ah life! Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, it seems like the sentiment of my comment has already been posted, but i'll say it anyway... i never thought I would live in a city and I never thought I would move to china, but here I am loving my 8 million neighbors... i ride my bike everywhere, it's faster and more convenient that the public transportation... temperatures below freezing to take away some of the desire to bike, but it's still convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah, i guess we should never say never, eh? glad you are keeping up w/ my blog...i hope all is well in China, you are continually in my prayers. love you!

    ReplyDelete